House of Chay
Red Bell Pepper 200 - 300g
The bell pepper is, yes, sweet and versatile, but did you know that it also helps you fight everything from the common cold to cancer?
This delicious food is familiar to many of us for its sweet taste and ability to be stuffed chock-full of yummy stuff before being eaten. But the benefits go far beyond taste — bell peppers have a ton of incredibly essential vitamins, antioxidants and minerals that will help you maintain a healthy lifestyle (and maybe even shed a few pounds).
- Bell peppers are low in calories! So, even if you eat one full cup of them, you get just about 45 calories. Bonus: that one cup will give you more than your daily quota of Vitamin A and C!
- They contain plenty of vitamin C, which powers up your immune system and keeps skin youthful. The highest amount of Vitamin C in a bell pepper is concentrated in the red variety
- The capsaicin in bell peppers has multiple health benefits. Studies show that it reduces ‘bad’ cholesterol, controls diabetes, brings relief from pain and eases inflammation
- If cooked for a short period on low heat, bell peppers retain most of their sweet, almost fruity flavor and flavonoid content, which is a powerful nutrient
- The sulfur content in bell peppers makes them play a protective role in certain types of cancers
- The bell pepper is a good source of Vitamin E, which is known to play a key role in keeping skin and hair looking youthful
- Bell peppers also contain vitamin B6, which is essential for the health of the nervous system and helps renew cells
- Certain enzymes in bell peppers, such as lutein, protect the eyes from cataracts and macular degeneration later in life