House of Chay
[PG199] Organic Quinoa Mix (V, GF)
In a quest to find the world’s healthiest foods, it would be nearly impossible to miss out on one of the best complete protein foods available: quinoa.
Unlike actual grains such as wheat and barley, which grow in grasses, quinoa plants grow edible seeds. Because of this process, Chenopodium quinoa’s official label is that of a “pseudocereal,” a seed used in nutrition the same way a cereal grain such as barley would be.
The nutritional profile of quinoa is impressive by itself, but some of the best parts about quinoa nutrition aren’t going to be obvious on a nutrition label.
For example, quinoa is a rare plant food that is actually a complete protein source. Although not every food you eat has to be a complete protein, it’s somewhat rare for a plant food to have the complete profile of all 20 amino acids, including the 10 essential acids our body doesn’t produce on its own.
One cup of cooked quinoa contains:
- 222 calories
- 4 grams of fat
- 13 milligrams sodium
- 39 grams carbohydrate
- 5 grams fiber
- 8 grams protein
- 1.2 milligrams manganese (58 percent DV)
- 118 milligrams magnesium (30 percent DV)
- 281 milligrams phosphorus (28 percent DV)
- 77.7 micrograms folate (19 percent DV)
- 0.4 milligrams copper (18 percent DV)
- 2.8 milligrams iron (15 percent DV)
- 0.2 milligrams thiamine (13 percent DV)
- 2 milligrams zinc (13 percent DV)
- 0.2 milligrams riboflavin (12 percent DV)
- 0.2 milligrams Vitamin B-6 (11 percent DV)
- 318 milligrams potassium (9 percent DV)
- 5.2 micrograms selenium (7 percent DV)
- 1.2 milligrams Vitamin E (6 percent DV)
Vegan. Not tested on animal. No animal by-product.
House of Chay guarantee your 100% satisfaction or your money back!