Zero Waste lifestyle has recently become a phenomenal globally. So, what is Zero Waste? It is simply a goal to live with less, and eventually no waste discarded to our environment. We can achieve this ambitious goal by following 5 principles:
Why Zero Waste?
Do you know that up to 12.7m tonnes of plastic enters the world’s oceans every year, equivalent to dumping one rubbish truck of plastic per minute into the world’s oceans? (UNEP 2017).
Do you know that with the speed and volume of rubbish dumping into our oceans currently, by 2050 we may have fish-less oceans?
Do you know that you cannot live up to 500 years but plastic can?
Do you feel overwhelmed? Don’t be! There are small changes that you can start with, to embrace the Zero Waste lifestyle. Those changes even though small, when do consistently, will make big differences.
We are here to provide any thing you need for the transition! You can find those Zero Waste products at HOUSE OF CHAY.
House of Chay is the online supermarket for the conscious consumers. We offer safe, effective, natural and eco-friendly Zero Waste products to help you build a Sustainable Home and lead a Zero Waste lifestyle.
What are Zero Waste products?
Zero Waste products have the following characteristics:
- Reusable: they are durable and built to last, they can be used for a long time (3-5 years) before being recycled and biodegrade. Think reusable wheat straw cutlery vs. disposable cutlery.
- Eco-friendly material: they are made from recycled and/or biodegradable materials. Think: straw, bamboo, wood, ceramic, cotton, glass, paper vs. plastic.
- Natural ingredient: they ideally have 100% natural, organic ingredients, the manufacturing process uses minimal energy and resources. Think: natural green tea dish washing liquid and detergent vs. chemical washing liquid and detergent. All of those chemicals that are used in your household would eventually find their way back into our land and our water supply.
- Less to no packaging: they have minimal or no packaging. Think: herbal soap in paper box vs. body wash plastic bottle, do you know body wash is just simply soap + water?
Some customer-favourite Zero Waste products at House of Chay.
Zero Waste Personal Product
1. Premium Bamboo Toothbrush
House of Chay Premium Bamboo Toothbrush is an upgraded and eco-version of your normal plastic toothbrush.
- Safe: dental grade, BPA-free Dupont bristles.
- Sustainable: naturally antibacterial, sustainably grown bamboo.
- Eco-friendly packaging: recycled, adhesive-free paper box & biodegradable plant-based bag.
- Saving: bamboo toothbrush lasts as long as the lesser plastic version. Dentists recommend to change your toothbrushes every 3 months.
2. Bamboo Straw
Replace disposable plastic straws with these natural and reusable bamboo straws. No inks, no dyes, no more throw-away straws! These bamboo straws come with a handy cleaning brush to wash them out for years of use.
3. Reusable Bamboo Mug
The chic and environmentally friendly bamboo mug combine beautiful design, a pleasant feel in the hand, and environmental protection in one.
- Safe: made from bamboo fibers and cornstarch, food-safe, BPA-free.
- Environmentally friendly: bamboo and wool felt are fast-growing raw materials. The mug is durable, reusable, biodegradable, and recyclable.
- Durable/Neutral taste: durable and dishwasher-safe and not only feels very comfortable and light, but is also odorless and tasteless. It is also rugged enough for daily use.
- Beautiful: pleasant feel and chic look, the bamboo mug is a great gift idea, not just because it helps the environment, but also because of the modern and beautiful patterns.
- Closure/Grip ring: The lid is also made of bamboo fibre and maize starch and closes securely at the sides, preventing the liquid from leaking out. The grip ring offers additional protection against heat. This makes the travel mug an indispensable companion for the coffee/tea lover.
4. Zerowaste Cutlery Set
Be stylist, be cool and be "green" with Zerowaste Cutlery Set with handmade bamboo spoon, knife, fork, stainless straw, bamboo straw and glass straw. All are neatly nested in a handmade bag, conveniently carried everywhere with you.
Zero Waste Health & Beauty Product
1. Sao Sa Natural Herbal Soap
Our Sao Sa natural soap from the picturesque Ninh Binh province, Vietnam, made from Coconut oil, sustainable palm oil, essential oil and water from the Sao Sa underground aquifer.
- Carbon: Gently exfoliate your skin with the inherent detoxifying properties of carbon. Masculine aroma and rinses clean with no oily residue.
- Honey: Sweet aroma from locally sourced honey comb restores the elasticity of your skin and locks in moisture for a soft and clean complexion.
- Bitter melon: Formulated from ancient herbal remedies, our bitter melon soap gently soothes your skin and protects from itchiness and irritation. It's the perfect remedy for even the most sensitive skin.
- Green tea: Our green tea soap has a refreshing aroma with anti-bacterial properties derived from tea tree oil that reduce oiliness and prevents acne.
2. Detox Herbal Bath Salt
LUXURY ESSENTIAL OIL INFUSED DETOX BATH SALT
Tea tree oil provides the perfect aromatherapy for a little self-love. Comprised of an herbal recipe that dates back more than a thousand years, this bath salt draws out toxins from your skin's surface and invigorates your body.
- Clean and remove dirt,oil, dead skin and toxics from your skin's pores
- Improve the circulation of blood, providing oxygen to intensify the metabolism process
- Increases absorption of serum and moisturiser used on the skin after bathing
- Improve mood and relax your body with tea tree oil
3. Energizing Herbal Inhaler
Energizing Herbal Inhaler are deeply inspired by traditional Thai healing traditions. Indulge in one of the finest healing concepts available on earth and infuse your body with beauty and balance.
100% Natural, freshly handmade composition of herbs and spices for the spirit and mind.
Benefits: Unblock, refreshes the respiratory system. Clear headache and energize the mind.
4. Holistic Care & Healing
Thousand-year-old herbal remedies that helps heal your body and rejuvenate your mind.
- Lux Herbal Steam Bath: best natural remedy for preventing and treating common cold
- Carbon natural teeth whitening: effectively whitens teeth by adsorbing stain-causing debris and bacteria, removes stains without toxic chemicals, promoting good oral health and preventing bad breath.
- Herbal Shampoo: for healthy, shiny hair from the inside.
- Postpartum herbal bath: to aid with optimal recovery for new moms.
- Herbal Foot Soak: to relieve foot ache and increase circulation.
- Healing Herbal Oil for Muscle & Joint: relieves pain, reduces swelling, and soothes muscular and joint discomfort like a dream!
Zero Waste Home Care Product
Natural Green Tea Home Cleaning Bundle
This plant-based powerhouse bundle made from green tea extract which gives the earthy red color, easily penetrates grease, grime, gunk, and icky-sticky, caked on messes. Include: dish washing liquid, detergent, floor cleaner and hand wash.
- Effective grease cleaning power with a natural, chemical-free formula
- Easily penetrates foods, milk and formula residues, and general household messes
- Green-tea based ingredients ensure safe cleaning
- Works great on pots and pans, glasses, silverware, baby bottles, toys, and everything else!
- Ultra-concentrated formula helps you save
- No harsh chemicals (ever!), biodegradable for a safe and sustainable home
- Safe - Ultra-Concentrated - pH Balanced
House Of Chay guarantees your satisfaction with the quality, origin of our products or 100% refund. More zero waste products can be found at https://www.houseofchay.com/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0971 576 984 for further information.